Sunday, February 8, 2009

North Fork

Someone in North Fork, Ca., the Center of California, is very clever. This cute tepee with bear standing in the doorway was visible from the road. We stopped to look closer and saw the deer that is made from logs and tree branches standing by the door. It was too cute to pass up, I had to have a picture. I'm partial to bears anyway and to have the deer close by was wonderful. The deer reminds me of the christmas gift I recieved from a friend in Wyoming many years ago. He made three deer of different sizes similar to this one only small enough to stand on the hearth of our fireplace. I no longer have these, but now I have a visual reminder. I love this smaller version of Smokey the Bear. His features aren't as percise as some bears here in Foresthill, but he is so cure and loveable anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment