Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Hawaiian holiday










We boarded the plane in San Jose, Ca. early in the morning. We were pleasantly surprised about the size and ease of the San Jose airport. We only checked one bag and put the other up in the overhead compartment. It was so easy to do that that I think I will travel that way again. The trick is packing only the minimum amount of clothes and makeup. Hawaiian airlines is a nice airline. We had plenty of liquid and food. We rented an individual DVD player and watched Australia for 3 of the 5 hrs. of flight. Fast forward and we are arriving at the Hawaiian air port in Ohau. That's when the adventure really starts. Trying to find our way to the baggage claim in another building. The walking felt good but the distance was something else. I had my rolling bag and the carry on bag that were so heavy. Keith had the computer and nothing else so he was traveling at a rate that left me behind and lost in the crowd of tourists. He finally realized he was walking alone. Then he turned to find me and couldn't see me so he stopped and finally I caught up with him. That was when he took my roller bag and things got better. It took us quite some time to get his bag. We were sure the airlines had lost his case, but finally it came out on the baggage carrier. We looked around for where we could find info for the inter island flight. What we found was another long walk back to a different building. I guess we could have gotten a shuttle, but the walk was more appealing to our tired hips and legs. We had about the same distance to walk but not the easy way. There was construction to go around, but we made it. The inter island building was full with noisy happy visitors. We had reservations on another airline than Go. It took us about 15 minutes to find the right window and then we were sent to another window. I was able to check my bag in this plane. The reason: no overhead compartment and no leg room. We didn't get a picture of the plane, but it was a Cessna. One engine on each side of the plane. Anyone who knows me, knows that I hate flying. Last year I was able to fly over the island of Kauai in a small plane, but not over water for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment