Friday, March 20, 2009

Rats, this is frustrating!!






I'm in the middle of trying to put together this blog and can't move the picture so the picture I want is Oahu from the Cessna. It is in the other section. Let's continue on: The picture above is the ocean at the height of our 5,000 ft flight and the whales that are out en mass. The two white areas are spray from two whales. This is the view from our balcony. It is really much more bright and beautiful than the picture portrays. Our lobby opens up onto this pool with trees, flamingos, black and white swans and plenty of breeze. There are parrots and cockatoos squawking and water falls that add to the ambiance and lure and romance of the island. What a relaxing place to sit and eat, read or just stroll by. We are really enjoying the restful time. It rained yesterday so didn't get much sun, but visited the Whalers Village and shopped at the infamace ABC stores. I love this store and the many Hawaiian treats available. We are having fun trying to eat on the budget of nothing. The food prices are so high that we are shopping and eating in the room. We bought a muffin this morning:$4.00!!! I'm glad I like yogart and celery. We cook bacon in the microwave and that is a real treat. Can I lose weight? Probably not. The bed is great, I fall asleep by 8pm their time and wake up at 4am their time. We enjoy the workout room which stays open 24hrs. a day becauseof the easterners waking up at 1 and 2 am. I'm glad I only wake up at 4am. We're going to go shopping and then sit by the pool. It's windy and cool today but I'm sure I can get some color today.

1 comment:

  1. You guys look like you are having so much fun! What a beautiful island. Reminds me of our trip there last year. Have a great trip. We miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete